NBPC Volunteer Staff Criteria
Please read carefully before submitting your online application, or before printing and completing a paper-based application.
It is our goal at Nanoose Bay Pentecostal Camp to ensure that all of our staff members are united in one common vision and give full credence to the purpose of being God driven, God inspired, and of one mind under God in the molding and shaping of young lives and families for the purpose of serving and growing closer to Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.
If you are accepted as a volunteer at NBPC, it is of necessity that all staff members of NBPC must willingly agree to the statement of faith, maintain a high moral standard in the pursuit of spiritual maturity and holiness. All applicants therefore shall agree to the following which uses the Word of God as its basis.
Therefore you must:
- Be a Christian example in conduct and speech
- Be enthusiastic and committed to your position
- Submit a cleared Criminal Record Check prior to camp
- Be physically able to fulfill your task
- Agree with the Statement of Fundamental & Essential Truths of the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada
- Be willing to submit to the leadership and work cooperatively with other staff
- Be prepared for all assigned tasks and be willing to participate in all activities
- Attend all staff meetings as called by the Leaders if applicable to specific camps as called by the leadership
NBPC Mission Statement:
Nanoose Bay Pentecostal Camp exists to glorify GOD and to serve people by providing a safe environment where their spiritual, social, and recreational needs can be met by:
- providing camping programs for all ages to foster growth in their relationship with Jesus Christ, and each other
- providing a place of renewal, where individuals and groups can find rest for spirit, mind, and body
- providing recreational facilities and activities that reflects God in the surroundings and activities
- providing meeting facilities for groups where God is honored
- provide a safe Christ centered environment for all ages
- believe that the word of God is true, applicable and unmovable in all we do at NBPC
- to see lives changed for Jesus Christ and growth in each individual
- provide the best week possible to all who attend NBPC, campers and staff alike
- place Jesus Christ first in all that we do and accomplish at NBPC
- build lasting relationships impacting lives for Jesus Christ
- strive for excellence in all aspects of our ministry at NBPC
To access and read the PAOC Statement of Faith, please visit: www.paoc.org
Volunteer Staff Conduct
All volunteer staff members are expected to conduct themselves in an appropriate Christian manner at all times. You are representatives of our organization and will be held to the highest code of ethics and morals. We will not tolerate any improper behavior from volunteer staff to campers, or between any staff members. Camp is a very important event in the lives of all who attend, because of this; we at NBPC want to ensure that every camper has the best experience possible. Although camp provides an opportunity for volunteer staff members to grow spiritually, please keep in mind that the primary focus is to minister to the campers in your specific area.
Please note: Nanoose Bay camp is a high paced active camp. When volunteering at NBPC it is possible through games or activites you may become injured. You enter games and sports at your own risk and NBC nor its director or staff will be held liable if injury was to unfortunatley happen.
Some Basic Guidelines
1. The Camper’s Rights & Responsibilities apply to everyone attending camp.
2. If you observe questionable activities by any volunteer staff member or camper, towards a camper or other staff, please report it to the Camp Director immediately.